VIDEOS: 4 Berlin ‘Cosmopolis’ Interviews (Prosieben, Spiesser, Kino, Movie Pilot)Cast Interview David Cronenberg Director Interview Robert Pattinson Video
Here’s some more videos coming out of the Berlin Press Junket for Cosmopolis
Some quick notes on Cosmopolis talk and career thoughts from Rob [my clarifications in brackets]:
- Rob says he’s a little like Eric, who’s quite driven, and ambitious.
- He says: I care too much about what other people think!
- Doing the prostate exam, the other actress, he was really self-conscious, because I don’t work out, the actress says it’s really cute you don’t have a belly button, you can’t see it! [that felt awkward]
- He is asked how he sees women in his life, he answers, the same as men. Then says it makes a big difference [in his attitude] being the youngest and having older sisters. They were all strong women.
- He says he, Taylor and Kristen [from Twilight films], we were all judged so hard when we made films, we were all young, we were all just trying to figure out how to do something good. I like seeing us all succeed.
- I take everything I do I take very seriously it’s just how everyone interprets it [that's different.] I like everything I do and I work just as hard [on everything] but you can’t predict things. The world is so random. I have no idea how people are going to interpret [my work.]
- The majority of people who go to cinema now are really young, so you have to think about that audience, but at the same time, if you do what you find interesting, you are going to be happy. If you try to chase audiences and chase money, you aren’t going to be happy afterwards.
Worth a listen. Questions being asked:
1. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
2. Do you prefer playing a supernatural being or a human?
3. How do you deal with the fact that the role of Edward Cullen will likely stick around during your acting career?
4. What do you hate most about your celeb status?
5. How does it feel for you to be on the red carpet and be cheered on by so many people?
6. Out of the actors you worked with so far who inspired you the most?
7. What movies have inspired you most? More the classics or the big Hollywood blockbusters?
8. How do you manage to just always look so relaxed and cute and styled and tousled at the same time?
(verschtrubbelt means more hobo looking lol)
9. Robert Pattinson asks back, “What do you think the movie version of ‘Cosmopolis’?”
From Movie Pilot, with very limited note-taking:
Cronenberg on why he chose Pattinson for the role:
“The actor who plays he lead in the movie is in every scene. Felt I needed an actor with great charisma, and great charm and he had to be a wonderful actor because there’s a lot of dialogue. So after thinking about someone the right age, with the right feel, and knowing I needed someone who could do a convincing NY accent, putting that all together, I came up with Robert Pattonson.”
Rob on whether his success has changed him:
He said it didn’t really, he’s always known what he wants and kept going for that. He just wanted to make good movies, that’s his only goal, and he just tries to figure out how to do this.
He notes that he starts shooting a movie based on the book, “Mission: Blacklist” in the longer version of Rob’s portion of the interview.
Longer Rob portion of above interview:
Source Source both videos Via